About Scott Dillon… Personal Info

I grew up in South Florida in a wonderfully unique home situation.  For the majority of my childhood, I had the privilege of living in the same home with my younger sister, my parents, AND my maternal grandparents.  It was as if my sister and I had four loving parents at home.  We were a very tight-knit family.  I attended public schools through the middle school years, and then attended Westminster Academy in Ft. Lauderdale (Florida) for high school.  After graduating, I spent four years at Covenant College in Lookout Mountain (Georgia) where I met my future wife and earned a degree allowing me to pursue a calling in teaching math and science.

My wife (Amy) and I were married the summer after we graduated and then moved back to South Florida where I taught and coached and Amy was a Kindergarten teacher.  During our six years in South Florida, we added two sons to the family – Stephen and James.  We then moved to North Carolina for me to become a principal at Covenant Day School.  While at CDS, we added two more kids, Andrew and Rebecca, and Amy returned to the classroom teaching Kindergarten again.  After 19 years at CDS, God called our family to move to Rock Hill and  join the Westminster Catawba Christian School (and Westminster Presbyterian Church)  family.

Wedding of Stephen and Kayla - June, 2015

Wedding of Stephen and Kayla – June, 2015

Our family has grown since we moved to Rock Hill.  Stephen (our oldest) graduated from college in May (2015) and then married a wonderful young woman named Kayla in June (2015).  They have moved to St. Louis, Missouri, where they will both attend Covenant Seminary.  James is a junior at Covenant College and is majoring in Economics with a minor in Community Development.  Andrew is a senior at WCCS and will be involved in athletics (soccer, basketball, and baseball) as well as student council (co-chaplain).  Rebecca will join Andrew in high school (9th grade) and will also participate in athletics (volleyball and soccer) along with student council (freshman class representative).  Amy will be working part-time this year with PMO (Parents Morning Out) at Westminster Presbyterian Church in the mornings along with caring for the little boy of a family friend in the afternoons.  It will be a big adjustment for all of us, but one that we are confident that God will bless as we continue to pursue HIS plans for our family.