Christmas question…

It is that time of year when we are all getting excited about Christmas.  However, I believe that we can get a little more excited about Christmas break or Christmas presents than about the greatest cause for celebration ever…  Christ Himself.

As the faculty and staff of Westminster Catawba Christian School gathered together this week, I shared a devotion with them in hopes of reminding all of us of the gospel – the “good news” – of Christ.  To do so, I put a Bible verse up on the screen that they all knew well – and I asked them what ONE word meant the most to them in the verse.  They gave me a few inquisitive looks, and then really began to dig into the question.  As I expected, the answers were many.  And, the explanations of their answers was a great encouragement to me and to the rest of the group.

So, I’d like to ask the same question of you.  Given the verse below, what ONE word means the most to you – and why???  Feel free to answer in the comment section of the blog or respond in the social media venue of your choice.  I look forward to seeing your answers – and to be encouraged in the Good News that the Christmas season brings.

john316

One thought on “Christmas question…

1. “gave”… He gave to us who are completely undeserving his most cherished possession. The price they both paid is unfathomable!
    Thanks Scott,
    Bill